Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Staying Trendy

Just like most people, I like to feel as though I’m a part of the latest trends. I don’t want to feel like I’m getting something second rate or used while I’m paying top dollar.

What impression is your website making?

I have always been a fan of the Holiday Google Logos, and I’ve noticed that it’s becoming a trend with the bigger sites out there. Through the past couple months many sites have slightly changed their logos to fit more with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and now, all of the December Holidays.

After reading a couple of articles on the topic, I agree with their consistent findings; the websites which “dress-up” their logo or site give the impression of being very current. Its not rocket science. If you put out jack-o-lanterns during Easter, you would not be with the times. In web terms, that would mean your site hadn’t been updated for at least 6 months (at least through the eyes of the consumer).

The examples through this entry are of good examples that fall during the appropriate times of year. I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but Santa should not be making an appearance for back-to-school.

Stay trendy, it will make your site look fresher, and draw more customers to stay on your site. After all, we want to retain them for as long as possible. Hopefully that is long enough for them to take action and generate more business for you.

No comments: